How useful is this Policy?
Cherry Biotech, which manages the website www.cherrybiotech.com, attaches great importance to the protection and confidentiality of your personal data which represent for us a pledge of seriousness and confidence.
Who is this Policy for?
The Policy applies to you, regardless of where you live, as long as you are a client or visitor to the www.cherrybiotech.com website.
If you are a candidate for a position within Cherry Biotech, you can consult the Applicant Policy which is accessible at any time on our dedicated page on www.cherrybiotech.com.
Why do we process your data?
To provide our services, we have to process your personal data so that you can:
- Navigate our website, benefit from our services (e.g. alternative technologies to animal experimentation, description of methods and protocols, etc.) and so that we can respond to your requests (e.g. requests for information, complaints, etc.) on the basis of our Terms of Service and our legitimate interest in providing you with the best possible service.
- Be informed of our latest offers and events by email on the basis of our legitimate interest in retaining our clients and prospecting potential new clients.
- Follow us and comment on our publications on social networks on the basis of our legitimate interest in having a dedicated page on social networks.
- Apply for a position with Cherry Biotech on the basis of discussions we have with you during the recruitment process and our legitimate interest in recruiting and selecting candidates.
- Receive our newsletter which informs you about all the news concerning our services on the basis of your consent.
- Launch videos on our website on the basis of our legitimate interest in providing you with content in video format.
- Consult public reviews written by users of our service displayed on our website on the basis of our legitimate interest in promoting our service.
- Download documents on the basis of our Terms of Service.
- Geolocate your location in order to provide you with a more simple and accessible service on the basis of your prior consent.
Your data is collected directly from you when you use our website and we undertake to process your data only for the reasons described above.
However, when you voluntarily post content on the pages we publish on social networks, you acknowledge that you are fully responsible for any personal information you may transmit, regardless of the nature and origin of the information provided.
What data do we process and for how long?
We have summarized the categories of personal data that we collect and their respective duration of retention.
If you wish to obtain further details on the durations of storage applicable to your data, you can contact us at the address email@example.com.
- Professional identification data (e.g. last name, first name, position, company, etc.) and contact information (e.g. email address and business phone number, etc.) kept for the entire duration of the provision of the service, plus the legal statute of limitations, which is generally 5 years.
- When there is a confusion between the name of your structure and your personal name (g. auto-entrepreneur, small business, etc.), economic and financial data (e.g. bank account number, verification code, etc.) kept for the time necessary for the transaction and the management of invoicing and payments, to which are added the legal statute of limitations, which is generally from 5 to 10 years
- Email address in the context of our commercial prospecting campaigns by email kept for a maximum of 3 years from the last contact we had with you.
- Email address to receive our newsletter kept until the end of your subscription to the newsletter.
- Data provided in the CV and cover letter are kept for the duration of the recruitment process and for 2 years from the date of your application.
- Statistical data relating to the viewing of our videos which is anonymized and stored indefinitely.
- Geolocation data kept for a maximum of 2 months.
- Connection data (e.g. logs, IP address, etc.) kept for a period of 1 year.
Once the retention periods described above have expired, the deletion of your personal data is irreversible and we will no longer be able to provide it to you after this period. At most, we may only retain anonymous data for statistical purposes.
Please also note that in the event of litigation, we are required to retain all of your data for the duration of the processing of the case even after the expiration of the retention periods described above.
What rights do you have to control the use of your data?
The applicable data protection regulations give you specific rights that you can exercise, at any time and free of charge, to control how we use your data.
- Right of access and to obtain a copy of your personal data as long as this request is not in opposition with business secrecy, confidentiality, or the secrecy of correspondence.
- Right of rectification of personal data that are incorrect, obsolete or incomplete.
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data implemented for commercial prospecting purposes.
- Right to request erasure (“right to be forgotten”) of your personal data that are not essential to the proper functioning of our services.
- Right to the restriction of processing your personal data which allows you to freeze the use of your personal data in case of dispute about the lawfulness of a processing.
- Right to ask for the portability of your data which allows you to download part of your personal data in order to store it or transmit it easily from one information system to another.
- Right to provide guidelines on the fate of your data in the event of your death either by you, a trusted third party or an heir.
To be considered, your request has to be done by you only at the address firstname.lastname@example.org. Any request that does not follow this process cannot be treated.
Requests cannot be made by anyone other than you. Therefore, we may ask you to provide proof of identity if there is any doubt about your identity.
We will respond to your request as quickly as possible, within one month of receipt, unless the request is complex or repeated. In this case, the response time may be up to three months.
Please note that we may always refuse to respond to any excessive or unfounded request, especially if it is repetitive.
Who can access your data?
WE NEVER TRANSFER OR SELL YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES OR BUSINESS PARTNERS. ALL OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA ARE USED EXCLUSIVELY BY OUR STAFF OR BY OUR IT SERVICE PROVIDERS.
Specifically, we will only share your information with people duly authorized to process them in order to provide our service, such as our IT department or our helpdesk.
We specify that we audit every service provider before recruiting them in order to verify that they are strictly complying with the applicable rules regarding personal data protection.
How do we protect your data?
We implement all the technical and organizational means required to guarantee the security of your data and, in particular, to fight against any risk of destruction, loss, alteration or unauthorized disclosure of your data (e.g. training, access control, passwords, antivirus, backup servers, “https”, etc.)
Can your personal data be transferred outside the European Union?
Unless strictly necessary and on an exceptional basis, we never transfer your data outside the European Union and your data is always hosted on European soil. In addition, we undertake to do our best to recruit only service providers who host your data within the European Union.
In case we are using service providers that need to transfer your personal data outside the European Union, we undertake to verify that they are implementing appropriate safeguards to ensure the confidentiality and protection of your personal data.
Who can you contact for more information?
We have officially appointed an outsource and independent Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) to our supervisory authority in order to ensure the safety and confidentiality of your personal data.
You can contact our DPO at any time and free of charge at email@example.com in order to obtain more information or details on how we process your personal data.
How can you contact the CNIL?
You may at any time contact the “Commission nationale de l’informatique et des libertés” or “CNIL” at the following address: CNIL Complaints Department, 3 place de Fontenoy – TSA 80751, 75334 Paris Cedex 07 or by phone at +33(0)01.53.73.22.22.
Can the Policy be modified?
Certified compliant by Dipeeo ®